Is the hot weather coming to an end?

By: Haley Shaffer [Staff Writer]

Sweating in class, shorts and t-shirts, the hot beating sun. All things that students and staff have been dealing with since school started just three weeks ago. With limited AC and what seems like five fans per class room, some students have been yearning for cold weather. Well, it appears that some of the students are getting their wish. As hot as it has been with highs in 90’s, anything below 75 degrees would feel great. However todays high was a staggering 68 degrees. With the clouds hovering over us, managing to completely cover the sun, it’s no wonder it’s cooler than it has been. Class is much easier to bear when students are not dying of heat exhaustion and wiping their heads of sweat. As much as everyone loved summer and the warm weather, cold weather is much appreciated. Students aren’t spending their days at the beach or laying out anymore, so there really is no need for scorching heat and highs that would be pleasing in mid July.

As the thought of summer fades away, so should the summer heat. Although it’s gone for a little while, the heat will most likely return at least one more time before the much anticipated fall and winter seasons begin. Which is why the winter months will be even more appreciated when they finally get here. Although, knowing the indecisive teenage mind, as soon as those cool, snowy months get here, everyone will be begging for summer. That’s why everyone should appreciate the nice weather that’s right in between. It’s not too hot, but it’s also not too cold.