Powderpuff persuasion

By: Kaitlyn Nathem [Co-Yearbook Editor]

Almost every year the girls standing in the student section of the high school football games talk about creating a girls Powderpuff football team. They want to join in on the fun that it appears the boys are having out on the field. Even it was just flag football and they only played one other team during a homecoming game, it would still be fun! This year there’s a possibility of all the talk to actually become an action.

In the past there were always rumors saying that girls weren’t allowed to participate in a school affiliated team. Past principals supposedly wouldn’t support the Powderpuff team because of liability issues. Wouldn’t there be the same problems for the boys sport that is being played everyday? So if these rumors are true, then that shouldn’t be the only reason that girls aren’t allowed to play.

Girls want to participate and have fun in the game as well. Just a flag football team would be sufficient enough. There wouldn’t need to be any physical pushing or shoving, just a fun and exciting time of throwing around a football trying to out run the other team. It would be more of a game then a competition.

This year there should be a Powderpuff team. It could be Seniors against Juniors, and Freshman against Sophomores. A flag football team full of girls just wanting to have fun, even if it was just one game. It would be a fun memory for everyone to have and reminisce about a couple years down the road. If everyone got a parents signature and there was a sign up for the game, then there wouldn’t be any liable problems that the school would have to deal with.