Making money during summer

By: Haley Shaffer [Staff Writer]

Summer’s pretty much here and with summer comes a carefree attitude. Summer is a time for no responsiblites or worries. It’s free-time galore. Well… for some. However some students plan on getting or continuing working this summer.    Jasmine Petty, a sophomore, works at Total Eclipse, a local tanning salon. “I work a decent amount of time and the pay is good,” Jasmine commented. She doesn’t mind working there. “It’s not a hard job and it’s pretty laid back,” Jasmine commented. Besides that, she gets discounted tanning! “I work so I can get money and do stuff during the summer with my friends or just whenever I want to,” Jasmine commented. “I love being able to have money whenever I want/need it,” Jasmine said.

Summer is coming and for some worries are gone, responsibilities lack and care free time is here. For those students with jobs, they still have work to do this summer. Summer jobs are actually a good idea to have; summer workers get money for things they want to do and they can still maintain a life. And on the bright side, at least they have a nice big paycheck to get!