Getting ready to say goodbye

By: Alice Dixon [Co-Yearbook Editor]

The school year is winding down with only two more days for our seniors and a little over a week left for the rest of the students. Summer is quickly approaching and teachers are struggling to keep their students focused in the classroom. Graduation is coming into sight and seniors are anticipating the greatness of finally being down with school.

Emily Buhrman, senior, has been ready for her senior year to be over since third quarter. “I’m sick of school, but I still have a lot of stuff I need to get done before I leave,” she said. The last few weeks of school are always the most stressful, with finals and making sure you have enough credits to graduate.

Unfortunately, this can be an upsetting time for students. Underclassmen are losing their senior friends and seniors will never get to experience the high school life ever again. “[I’m going to miss] being involved with sports, football, and the easiness of high school. I won’t miss going to class,” Emily said with a laugh.

Although it can be upsetting, the exciting part is moving on in life. Some students will go to college, others find jobs, and some go on into the forces. “Yes I’m worried, mostly about how I’m going to pay for it and the reading and writing, but I can’t wait to leave,” said Emily. This fall she will be attending Upper Iowa University to major in athletic training, or anything with sports.

Finally after all of the 12 years of waiting, 13 if you count kindergarten, the waiting is coming to an end. No more test, quizzes, or stressing over finals. No more football, basketball, or baseball games to cheer on with your friends. At last, everything is winding down for seniors, unless they are planning on attending college in the fall.