Rumor has it

By: Taylor Lamm [Staff Writer]

Some of the “joys” students at high school have to deal with are the rumors. As someone walks down the hallway they can hear the whispers and feel the stares directed their way. It is one of the worst feelings. Usually these rumors start off as one thing, then get changed around and told to everyone else. By people spreading rumors they really don’t know how they can be affecting someones life.
By rumors being spread it can cause someone to become depressed or scared to even go to school. People should start to understand what they are really putting a person through. This is also known as bullying. Yes, it might not be physical bullying but it is verbal harassment. Sometimes this can make a bigger effect on someones life then the physical. They both are not good, and we need to start to make a stop to it. Just because someone is different doesn’t mean that people have to talk about them or make fun of them. But everyone does do it. Its natural for teenagers to judge others, but sometimes teenagers take it just too far.
Rumors and bullying is something most all of the schools want to get rid of. But it’s going to take more then just the teachers and staff at the school to end it. Students have to start noticing what they really are doing to their other classmates. Words can make a big impact, the even stick longer then what most people think. Everyone has been bullied in one way or another. People just need to take a step back and think about how they felt when they were bullied. Is it still worth making someone feel the same way?