Warm weather and school don’t mix

By: Alex Estes [Feature Editor]

Sitting in a desk and being in class is not an ideal way to spend a day of good weather. It leads to melancholy students and grades beginning to deteriorate. Everyone knows school is no fun, especially when there’s sun. As the warm summer sun climbs higher, the school day drags on and on. Woo, there’s only 49 days left of school…. Yeah, only 49…

As the weather warms up it’s proven that it gets a lot harder to concentrate on important school subjects. Enjoying the weather is important, and since it’s warming up there’s more opportunities to enjoy it. As those opportunities to enjoy the sun increase, the drive to complete homework decreases, and decreases dramatically. It’s not good to miss school, and not do homework. School, even if it doesn’t seem that way, is a vital part of an individual’s life. Getting good grades in school means being able to get into better colleges and universities. To beat the summer school blues, try doing homework outside. An ideal place would be at a deck table. Reading outside is easy, find a nice lounge chair or comfy spot in the grass and read the assigned chapters while enjoying the weather.

School’s important and it’s hard to listen to the teachers when the good weather is almost too good to be true.

Alice Dixon, junior, gazes out the window, wishing she could spend the day outside instead of inside doing school work.