Immature kids ruin it for everybody

By: Kiersten Kiene [Staff Writer]

It’s nice outside and people are starting to wear shorts and tank tops. Being inside is very distracting. Students are looking out of the windows, checking the clock, thinking “when is it time to go home?” The big question here though is, class inside or outside?

Having class outside can really help students learn. The cool wind breezing through students hair, not having distractions from people in the hallway, and having the freedom of doing work independently. Students love working freely by themselves and getting work done.

On the other hand, there are those few students in the class that can ruin the whole idea for everybody. They run around doing immature things, not doing their work and get everybody else in trouble, and take advantage of the teacher and leave school to go places to get something to eat. Why do they always ruin it for everybody?

Maybe in the future, students can be less immature and cooperate with the class. But is that really the real reason we don’t have class outside? Marion has two gardens that are attended by Madame Knepper. Someday we can skip doing work on a Friday and help her with the garden. It’s an idea. Just let the students enjoy the weather and school at the same time.

Two students are outside during class. Having class outside makes it a lot easier for some students to use their phones, wander off, or get distracted.