Secretly stolen

By: Alice Dixon [Co-Yearbook editor]

After what seems to be a never-ending gym class, the students begin walking back towards the locker room. Suddenly, somebody in the room becomes livid when they open their locker to find their iPod was stolen while they were in class. Stories of students missing their personal belongings have been heard for many years in high schools, and most of the time there is nothing anybody can do about it.

One of the most frustrating things that can happen during school is getting your stuff stolen. Students have been doing it for years, and some people never get caught. It can be something as simple as taking a cell phone or something as horrible as taking a whole bag full of irreplaceable items. Either way it’s stealing and there’s no way we can avoid it.

Some people believe that cameras solve the problem, but after having thousands of cameras installed, has it stopped? Even then, the most common place for things being stolen would be the locker room and obviously we can’t put cameras in there. With no evidence as to who took it, the culprit could never be caught!

Unfortunately, some students will never get these things back because there is no way to find out who took it. What’s worse is that teachers can do nothing about it, but remind students that stealing is bad. Stealing has been going on forever in school, and let’s face it, it probably will continue. The only way to slow things down is to tell on those people who stole, or give the item back for the sake of the other person!

Stealing can happen anytime, anywhere. Make sure to keep an eye on your belongings all the time!