Four day weekend taken away by snow

By: Storm Bogs [Web Editor]

Today is the last day of the week for students and staff at Marion High School. This weekend was originally supposed to be a four day weekend, being tomorrow, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. A couple weeks ago, the weather was very bad and almost every single school in Iowa, if not all schools, had a snow day. At the beginning of that morning, a lot of schools including Marion were going to have a 2-hour delay. Within minutes of the 2-hour delay being put on the news, all the schools decided to have a snow day. Because of that snow day, students now have to attend school on Monday to make up for it.

A few years ago, schools were allotted a certain amount of snow days before they had to make them up. Even though there isn’t really a convenient day to make up this snow day that students wouldn’t complain, it shouldn’t have to be made up this coming Monday. Students were really looking forward to having this four day weekend, but because of that one snow day, we won’t have it. Although, if it weren’t made up this Monday, we would have to suffer having our summer be one day shorter.

We no longer have a 4 day weekend because of a snow day we had a couple weeks ago.