Big game objectives

By: Austin Brown [Staff Writer]

The biggest game of the year has passed. A game that has a 5 hour pregame show. A game that some people watch just for the commerials. Some watch for just the halftime entertainment. Whatever the reason, hundreds of million of people watched.

Even though most people’s favorite team wasn’t in the match-up, Cody watched to see the Patriots lose. “ I think Bill Billick is a cheater and Tom Brady is a pretty boy,” he said with a chuckle. Gage Miskimen and Hayden Meister spent their Saturday away from the TV set. “Both of the teams [that played] were terrible,” Gage laughed. “I was chilling in Iowa City,” Hayden explained. “But I watched the 15 minute highlight reel instead… which is fine with me,” he continued.

Some people don’t even have a reason behind watching. “I watch it because I didn’t have anything better to do,” Deshaun Quinn said.  Joining some other Americans, Justin watched to get a laugh from the ads. “ I like commerials,” he said. “Especially the Nike commerial.”

Great food, and great football ended the football season. No matter what team they rooted for, or  against, the game was a nail biter to the end, whether we watch it for the commerials, or just  the highlight reel.

*Photo obtained from www.nfl.com
Eli Manning holds the trophy after winning the Super Bowl this year.