Early out gets approval from Shinrock

By: Grace Ehlinger [Ads Editor]

For many students the winter is a time of year full of promise for not having to come to school. Although, for students that go to Marion, this is not a common occurence, so today’s early out has been very welcome for almost everyone at MHS.

Steph Shinrock, senior, is very excited to be getting out early today. She was pleasantly surprised when they made the announcement earlier today, ”We never get out of school early for snow.” Steph doesn’t necessarily see Marion’s fewer snow days as a bad thing though, ”I feel like it’s nice that we don’t have to make up the days, but there are some days where we shouldn’t have to go,” she said.

Getting home may be a challenge for some students, but Steph isn’t really worried about it. ”I do drive and I’m not too worried about (getting home) because I live like five blocks from here,” she explained. All this extra time will be really appreciated, and Steph already has plans, ”I’ll probably go home and sleep.”

Most students would agree that this early out is a good way to begin the weekend. It hasĀ the upsideĀ of not being in school, and none of the negative repercussions like making the day up in June.