Hannah Andreasen, senior, marvels over her flower sale in the spring musical, My Fair Lady.
Spring Photography

Remembering Christmas spirit

By: Breiana Brown [Social Media Editor]

Break is over and Christmas has passed. The hallways are once again filled with familiar faces, but the clothes on those familiar faces are almost all new. Then again, some remain the same. I-Phones, Uggs, Coach and more, Christmas has become such a materialistic holiday. People have seemed to forget about the joy and happiness. Well, wake up and think about the people who can’t afford the material part of Christmas.

Some people are less fortunate than others and don’t receive much at all for the holidays and some don’t receive anything at all. Those who are greedy ask for outrageous things, and think about no one else. Has the world lost sight of the true meaning of Christmas? The days back from break are all about people bragging about what they have attained, not whom they saw, or how much fun they had. Lining up to see Santa, sledding down snow covered hills, surrounding each other with love, that’s the stories that are worth the fuss. Bragging about a new car, not so much.

So as that spoiled girl throws on her North Face jacket, Miss me’s, and her brand new Uggs, there is another who puts on a smile, who cherished family time, and who is putting on that same old outfit she has worn so many times. Break has passed and Christmas is over, but those who gained memories rather than money are the ones who truly had a Merry Christmas.

While UGG boots are very expensive, it seems that everyone has a pair.