A good start to 2012

By: Grace Ehlinger [Ads Editor]

Every New Year’s Eve, people all over the world celebrate the end of one year and the beginning of another by spending it with the people they love. To some people this means seeing someone they haven’t in awhile, and just trying to have the best time they can because everyone wants a good start to the new year.

Uriah Lekin, sophomore, spent this New Year’s Eve with his boyfriend who lives in Des Moines. They spent the whole day hanging out together, and had a great time. It was sad when he had to leave again, but it made a really good start to the year.

The last year went well for Uriah, “I think it was beautiful,” he commented. He’s still happy that the new year came though and has a very positive outlook for the upcoming year. “I know it’s going to be better than last year. I’m gonna make it the best year of my life,” Uriah said enthusiastically.

Hopefully most people have the same positive attitude for the year ahead, but if not, just follow Uriah’s example because he seems to have his year figured out.

View Comments (1)