Christmas in the park

By: Alice Dixon [Co-Yearbook editor]

This evening in uptown Marion, Christmas in Park is being held from 4pm to 8pm. Santa will be there, along with live music, the annual lighting of the Community Peace Tree, carriage rides, hot cocoa and popcorn! Bring your friends and family along to see Santa, enjoy music and stay warm! The Holidays are always a good time to give. Bring your old hats, gloves, coats, or blankets to donate to the needy families! Items are being collected in the Depot during the event, and will be distributed through the Marion Holiday Giving Project.

All activities being held are brought to us by the Marion Chamber of Commerce and their sponsors. Stop in all of the open businesses in uptown Marion for some peppermints, too! Also, stop in the Marion Library for some fun arts and crafts!

Christmas in the Park is an event held annually for family and friends of all ages. Bring clothes to donate, and stop by all of the businesses for some free peppermint! Make sure to be at Marion Square tonight for a night fulfilled with fun!

Christmas in the Park is being held at the Marion Square tonight!