Rumors spread too quickly

By: Kiersten Kiene [Staff Writer]

Rumors. We all listen in to hear what’s going on in somebody’s relationship, who really got drunk this weekend, and what actually happened this morning, why we had a lock down. Rumors are spreading, and lies are being believed. It takes just one person that tells a lie.
So what really happened this morning? No, there was no kid at Starry walking around with a gun. And way off, there was no kid in the high school with a gun. Both of these stories are just rumors, started by people that have no life and want the whole school to gossip about their story. They should be so proud of themselves. No. Not really.
This morning, just after the bell had rang to go to first hour, people dreading the start of more school before yet another break, Mr. Semler had called out over the intercom very calmly for us to go to class and lock our doors. So obviously it was a lock down. Just minutes later, there were statues and tweets about the lockdown, people claiming about what happened.
But really everything going around is just a rumor. If people say “I heard…” or “Did you hear…” DON’T BELIVE IT!  And don’t keep spreading things just because it’s cool. Its really not. Nobody ever really knows what happens because of all the rumors. It’s all baloney.
Two girls spread rumors in the hall.
View Comments (2)