Driving through mayhem

By: Jordan Hansen [Co-Executive editor of the Vox]

Driving is not a particularly difficult skill to learn. It’s been part of the American experience for a hundred years, and probably a hundred more. But this time every year, something changes. Something bad.

Drivers, for some inexplicable reason, decide to forget how to drive a vehicle. The reasoning for this drastic change? Snow. Little white fluffy stuff that decides to spread itself everywhere. Mayhem ensues. Adults and students alike decide that just because a thin layer of watery snow covers the roadway, they can forget everything they have ever learned about operating a car.
It is quite annoying, and makes little sense. Yes, it is the first snow of the season and some mistakes are expected to be made, but if people are driving cars they should know how to deal with hazards on the roadway.
Driving is a privilege, not a right. It can be taken away, and should be taken away if someone proves their inability to drive. This season of the year isn’t much different than any other season, with the small addition of snow. Driving safe is an all the time thing, even if not everyone treats it that way.