Change isn’t always bad

By: Breiana Brown [Social Media Editor]

Today is the day that a lot of Marion students have been anticipating. Mr. Semler is officially the new principal. While this is all fine and dandy, most have forgotten the fact that Marion High School can’t survive without a vice principal. There are now three new candidates running for vice principal.

While some might not want a new vice principal, how would the school function without one? The disciplinary system is very important in a high school. This system creates structure, keeps peace, and makes everything run as smooth as possible. Everyone is wondering, “who are these mystery people in line to take Mr. Semler’s place?” Well that can all be answered now. Their names are Mr. McMahon, Mr. Zrudsky, and Mrs. O’Brien.

Although most of the students at Marion know who Mr. McMahon and Mr. Zrudsky are, not many are familiar with the name O’Brien. Change might be hard, but at the same time it can turn out to be what is best. No, the school can’t just get by with one person in charge. This has to take place, whether it’s liked or not. So sit back and just go with the flow.

The excitement and rumors will soon die down when the winner is announced. Until then the students of Marion High School will continue to anticipate the day that brings the big news.