Winter is right around the corner

By: Alice Dixon [Co-Executive Editor of the Yearbook]

Halloween is over, and it’s finally the first day of November! Although the last day of fall isn’t until December 21st, it’s already starting to feel like we’re transitioning into winter. Leaves are falling and the grass is starting to turn brown.

These next few days are looking up to be colder than we’re used too. We can’t say we didn’t see it coming, but every Iowan dreads the bitter winters we receive every year. Mother Nature is going to have a hard time topping off how frosty it was last year, but there’s no way we can escape the cold.

Parts of the country are already seeing major snowfalls. Texas has already received two snowstorms and are expecting a third. Residents from the northeastern part of the country are still out of power from a snow storm that hit in October. How long will it be until the snow comes for us?

Luckily, Iowa isn’t in the middle of a snowstorm, but winter is right around the corner and it’s obvious that nobody was expecting it so quickly. With the warm weather deserting us, by the end of the week the cold times will begin.