Sahm is looking forward to Dubuque Wahlert

By: Grace Ehlinger, Ads Editor
Late at night, parents, siblings, and students of Marion High School crowd into the gym, cheering for their volleyball team. This year Marion’s Red Nation is going to get to cheer their volleyball team to Regional Finals, and all the varsity volleyball players are working hard in preparation for the game.
Amanda Sahm, a freshman at Marion High School, is on the varsity volleyball team this year. “It’s exciting,” Amanda said about being on the varsity team as a freshman. Most of the time Amanda is the DS (defensive specialist) and sometimes she plays the outside hitter.
On Wednesday, for the Regional Finals game, Marion is going to be playing Dubuque Wahlert. “It’s gonna be intense,” laughs Amanda. She feels good about her team’s ability to win the game, but she’s still nervous. “They’re really good, but I have confidence in us,” Amanda stated.
Dubuque Wahlert is number 1 in Class 3A, and that is exactly why Marion’s volleyball team needs as many supporters at the game as possible. “We love Red Nation and we can’t wait to see everybody’s faces there supporting us,” Amanda said.
The game is going to be in Epworth at 7:00 in the Western Dubuque High School. Hopefully there will be tons of students going to support their volleyball team!