Mundorf’s first homecoming

By: Melanie Loesel [Staff Writer]

She is eating at Villas Patio laughing and taking pictures. Everybody’s anxious for what is about to come. She’s feeling confident because she spent a lot of time on her hair and makeup. She knows that tonight is going to be something she will remember for a very long time.

Breanna Mundorf, freshman, is attending her very first homecoming dance. “Homecoming is a time when you show school spirit,” she explained. She also feels that homecoming is a time meant for fun.

One of the biggest worries for homecoming is what outfit to wear; Breanna is very opinionated on that subject “I don’t think you need to dress up, but it’s just normal to,” she stated.

Another problem with homecoming is getting a date, but Breanna doesn’t feel that is a necessity. “No [you don’t need a date], because it’ll be better with friends because you’ll goof off more with them,” she coaxed. She actually does have a date but even if she didn’t she wouldn’t let that stop her from going.

The night is coming to an end. She is sitting around a fire with some of her friends. They are all reminiscing on the good times. She starts to realize how much times have changed, and how much she’s grown up. She apprehends the fact she just experienced something she had been looking forward to all her life.