The Daily Grind!

By: Storm Bogs [Executive Web editor]

Today is the first day that The Daily Grind is open. The Daily Grind is the coffee shop inside of Marion High School. The coffee shop is located in room 19 and is headed by two special education teachers, Ms. Bradford and Ms. Gerdemann.

“We serve coffee, hot chocolate, and tea,” stated Ms. Bradford. They sell these drinks for $1.25 a cup. They have had some great business today. “We’re off to a great start and have gotten much more business that we anticipated,” Ms. Bradford explained. Today was the first day the coffee shop was open for business, but students and teachers that run it haven’t done any advertising yet. The grand opening is next Tuesday. “We didn’t advertise, but the smell of coffee advertised itself,” she said. After they begin advertising, business will probably pick up a lot more.

In addition to students getting coffee during school, the students that run the coffee shop will benefit as well. “I was looking for a vocational thing for my students so I decided to open a business,” explained Ms. Bradford. The students will get more interaction with other students, while having fun selling coffee.