Breaking all the rules

By: Hannah Miller [Co-editor of Yearbook]

A big issue at Marion High School lately is how the code of conduct is being broken left and right by many of the students. Many of these students aren’t in any sports or activities, so they feel they have nothing to lose, but they do. They are losing respect from the adults in the community as well as some of their peers. The biggest of all is they are breaking the law, which can get them in huge trouble!

Many students that are breaking the code of conduct think they can’t get into any trouble because they aren’t having to sit out for any sports and they are right. They aren’t getting any punishments like they should. They aren’t getting in any trouble for doing something that is against the law! These students should get into some kind of trouble either through the school or through the police officers.

The students just want to have fun and be crazy, but there is a way to do this without alcohol or drugs. There are many other things to do like go to movies, hang out with sober friends, or even just join a sport or activity to stay out of trouble. Kids at Marion need to find a way to have fun without breaking the code of conduct.

Overall the way the students at Marion treat the code of conduct needs to change. They shouldn’t be allowed to just keep breaking the rules without getting into any trouble. Students at Marion should start respecting the people around them, the rules of the school, and especially themselves.

View Comments (10)